Welcome to Our Forum!

We’ve added a forum on Americas Cardroom where you can weigh in and find information about everything happening on the site from gameplay, to upcoming promotions and products. Become part of our forum community today!

By ACR Rep
We'd love your ideas and feedback.

Currently we display poker chips differently than the other poker sites. We don't like our method. We want to change it.

The main reasons we don't like our method:

SPACE: they take up a lot of space, and we want to make the cards bigger and the fonts bigger so players can read the bet sizes and pot sizes more easily.

MEANING: You can't follow the action with our chip display. Other sites use one stack for a call. Two stacks for a raise. Three stacks for reraise, etc.

Every main site displays chips to reflect the exact amount. This seems unnecessary to us. Does anyone use chips to determine the bet size?

Some ideas we have:

Different color chips by street
Option to hide all chips
Different color by call/raise/reraise
Players can choose chip color
Different color by bet size in relation to big blind
Different size chip stack by bet size in relation to big blind

We can give you options to customize your chip experience in the settings as well. For example, perhaps a checkbox that doesn't display chips at all. So, keep that in mind.

Please let us know if you have some ideas on this.
By dmakk767
Some ideas we have:

Different color chips by street - I am not a fan of this idea at all. This would cause confusion I feel.
Option to hide all chips - options are always good
Different color by call/raise/reraise - not the worst idea but still not sure I am a huge fan of changing colors during a game.
Players can choose chip color - Again options are always a plus.
Different color by bet size in relation to big blind - Dont like idea of changing colors personally. Others options such as a glow may indicate a raise I suppose.
Different size chip stack by bet size in relation to big blind - I loved how some other sites represent the chip stacks exactly.

I would say it always best to give people options leaving it open to them how they like the table to look. One of the most important things in poker is paying attention and realizing what is going on in the hand before acting. With that said the topic is an important one and I am glad to see there is some thought going into it.

I would love to help design this stuff btw. ;)
By ACR Rep
dmakk767 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:38 pm Some ideas we have:

Different color chips by street - I am not a fan of this idea at all. This would cause confusion I feel.
Different color by call/raise/reraise - not the worst idea but still not sure I am a huge fan of changing colors during a game.
Different color by bet size in relation to big blind - Dont like idea of changing colors personally. Others options such as a glow may indicate a raise I suppose.
Different size chip stack by bet size in relation to big blind - I loved how some other sites represent the chip stacks exactly.

I would say it always best to give people options leaving it open to them how they like the table to look. One of the most important things in poker is paying attention and realizing what is going on in the hand before acting. With that said the topic is an important one and I am glad to see there is some thought going into it.

Thanks. Certainly we're open to any design ideas :)

There are many elements on the table that players don't often see. For example, the possibility of displaying 8 side pots. The possible table elements make the table quite full.
By Camaro24
dmakk767 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:38 pm Some ideas we have:

^^ This.. I also dont like the idea of changing colors by street or for any reason.. just like previous quote options can never be a bad start.. theres no reason the board tells you which street it is.....
fwiw i kinda like his idea of a glow under.... just please stack them make it cleaner
By 24-frets
Chips are fine. Making the bar bigger to see who the action is on would help. That May update made it so small you can't tell who it's on without scanning the screen for a bit. The pulsing on my own avatar seems useless cuz you know when its you're own turn.
By ACR Rep
Again, the main reason we want to make the chips take less space is to allow for more room on the table for font sizes to increase.
By ACR Rep
If you play on the mobile, you will see it only has a single stacks every bet now. We did that to allow bigger cards and fonts.
By BabyByeByeBye
24-frets wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:55 am Chips are fine. Making the bar bigger to see who the action is on would help. That May update made it so small you can't tell who it's on without scanning the screen for a bit. The pulsing on my own avatar seems useless cuz you know when its you're own turn.
Not when you're playing a bunch of tables. The glow gets your attention. I play on multiple sites so the glow is extremely helpful to know it's my action. Simply hearing the beep isn't enough when I'm sitting at Blitz tables and regular tables. Playing Blitz it's always your action.
By Jbrugos12
I’ve been waiting for this since I signed up a couple months back and noticed black chips when previous screenshots showed mostly white ones! I do know 100%, that showing one chip stack from directly above it, is not the way to go. Like what is currently happening right now with the accurate amount shown maybe with a slightly smaller size would be best. I do wish I had signed on earlier so I could have played with the white chips to see what they were like...
By Someguy123
ACR Rep wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:14 am Again, the main reason we want to make the chips take less space is to allow for more room on the table for font sizes to increase.
Please stack chips by bet. Open bet 1 stack. Raise 1 stack. So on and so forth. Stars does this if you need examples. Saves so much more space and much easier on players to pay attention to betting action.

WANT TO SAVE TIME?

Cyclones are the fastest and easiest way to earn seats into our biggest Multi-Table Tournaments.